Roast Chicken with Thyme, Lemon and Gravy.flv
Apple and Thyme Roast Chicken
sprig chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 c. water
2 tsp. olive oil
large Granny Smith Apples
2 tbsp. applejack brandy or calvados
1/2 c. chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; reserve for another use. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- With fingertips, gently separate skin from meat on chicken breast. Place 1 thyme sprig under skin of each breast half. In cup, combine chopped thyme, salt, pepper, and allspice.
- With chicken breast side up, lift wings up toward neck, then fold wing tips under back of chicken so wings stay in place. Tie legs together with string.
- In medium roasting pan (14" by 10"), toss onion, chopped-thyme mixture, water, and oil. Push onion mixture to sides of pan. Place chicken, breast side up, on small rack in center of roasting pan.
- Roast chicken and onion mixture 40 minutes. Add apples to pan; roast about 20 minutes longer. Chicken is done when temperature on meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh, next to body, reaches 175 degrees to 180 degrees F, and juices run clear when thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
- Transfer chicken to warm platter; let stand 10 minutes to set juices for easier carving.
- Meanwhile, remove rack from roasting pan. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture to platter with chicken. Skim and discard fat from drippings in pan. Add applejack to pan drippings; cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add broth; heat to boiling. Serve pan-juice mixture with chicken. Remove skin from chicken before eating, if desired. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutritional informationis based on one serving with skinEach serving without skin is: About 441 calories, 43g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 20g total fat (5g saturated), 132mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium.
Video: Roast Turkey with Apple, Walnut and Thyme Stuffing
Help for Excess Skin After Weight Loss
How to Cook Pasta With White and Red Sauce
Beauty MVP: Kiernan Shipka’s Easy TexturedWaves
How to Start a Topical Blog
How to Diet Without the Myth of Fat Burning Foods
How to Have Fun Outside when None of Your Friends Are Home
25 Chin Length Bob Hairstyles Haircuts That Are Absolutely Stunning
Where To Experience Hong Kongs Most Iconic Shopping Districts
I Travelled 3459 Miles, and Now I Understand the Obsession With Crème de la Mer
Confessions of a Victorias Secret Photoshopper
How to Seal Granite Countertops
21 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of White Spots On Skin (Vitiligo)
Half of People With Hepatitis C Dont Complete Needed Tests: CDC
We’ve become peripheral’: Richard and Judy reveal family struggles
Date: 07.12.2018, 02:11 / Views: 43541