Italian Baked Eggs - Gemma's Bold Baking Breakfast Recipes Episode 3
Easy Sunday Morning Baked Eggs Recipe
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep5 min, Cook15 min
Servings2 (2 eggs each)
These buttery baked eggs are a real treat; they taste as lovely as they look. For a breakfast, serve these with potatoes, sourdough toast, or grits, with a side of lactose-free yogurt and blueberries. Serve eggs at the table in the ramekins they were baked in.
- tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Divide the butter into two ramekins. Place them in the oven until the butter is melted and sizzling, but not browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the ramekins to a heat-proof surface. Sprinkle the cabbage, tomatoes, and basil into them, and crack two eggs into each ramekin. Return to the oven and bake the eggs to the desired level of doneness, approximately 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese and serve promptly.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Small amounts of other low-FODMAP vegetables can be substituted for the cabbage or tomatoes—shredded carrots, a handful of greens, string beans, or bell peppers, for example—but don't over-do it. Vegetables release moisture when they cook and too much might make the eggs watery.
Cheddar or gruyere cheese can be used in place of Parmesan.
Half a teaspoon of dried basil can be substituted for fresh basil.
Cooking and Serving Tips
If your ramekins are deeper and smaller in diameter, bake them at 350F for 17 to 18 minutes or until the desired level of doneness. For very small (1/2 cup capacity) ramekins, bake just one egg in each of four ramekins.
Video: Super Easy Baked Eggs
How to Buy Tattoo Flash Art
The Long and Short of It: Falls Best Options
8 Foods You Should Never Ever Eat In Winter
5 Most Influential Iconic Mens Hairstyles of All Times
The One Way To Know Your Marriage Will Survive An Affair
Golden Squash, Pepper, and Tomato Gratin
No Candle No Light, il nuovo singolo di Zayn Malik feat. Nicki Minaj parla di come le storie finiscono
What to Do When Your Long-Lasting Lipstick Won’t ComeOff
My Fantasy of Hooking Up With Another Woman Was a LetdownIRL
5 Beauty Accessories to Take on Every Vacation