Interview Tips from a Best Buy Manager
How to Apply for a Best Buy Credit Card
A Best Buy credit card enables you to save money through discounts. The company offers a store credit card (which can only be used in Best Buy in-store or web purchases) and a Best Buy Visa card. You can apply for both cards online or in stores. Both Best Buy cards will earn you 5% back in rewards for all Best Buy purchases, but the Visa card will also get you 2% back in rewards on food and grocery purchases, as well as 1% back on other everyday purchases.
Applying for a Credit Card Online
Meet the minimum qualifications.Before you apply for a Best Buy credit card, you should know in advance that you need to be at least 18 years of age in the United States (at least 21 years of age in Puerto Rico). You must also have a Social Security Number and a driver's license or government-issued photo ID.
- Please note that meeting these minimum qualifications does not guarantee that your application will be approved. It simply means that you are able to move forward and begin the application process.
Create a BestBuy.com account.The first step to applying for a store credit card is to go to BestBuy.com and create a Best Buy account. If you've already created a BestBuy.com account, you can simply sign in through the store's website.If this is your first time creating an account, you'll need to include personal information to create the account and determine your eligibility, including:
- first and last name
- email address
- phone number
- the password of your choosing
- My Best Buy member ID (if you already have one)
Complete the application.Once you've created an account through the Best Buy website, you can proceed to the application. You will be redirected to the form through Citigroup Inc., or you can navigate to the application by going to BestBuy.com, clicking the "credit cards" tab at the top of the page, and selecting "apply now."The form will ask you for personal, financial, and security information, including:
- your email address
- your full name
- your home address (no P.O. boxes permitted)
- your phone number
- your annual income
- your monthly mortgage or rent payments
- your date of birth
- your social security number
- your driver's license or government-issued photo ID number
- the expiration date of your photo ID
Choose your type of card.Once you've completed the application, you will either be approved or denied. If you are approved, then you will be asked to choose which type of card you want: the My Best Buy credit card (store card), or the My Best Buy Visa card.
- Both cards offer the same in-store rewards and promotional financing offers. The Best Buy Visa Card offers additional rewards on other everyday purchases outside of Best Buy.
Agree to interest rates and fees.Once you've finalized your application and chosen your desired card, you'll need to agree to the Best Buy interest rates, charges, and fees. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on purchases will vary somewhat depending on the current market rate, but will generally be around 25.49%. Interest charges are a minimum of , though they may be much higher.
- Interest is applied whenever payments are overdue. The due date for payments is at least 25 days after each billing cycle ends.
- Late fees and fees for returned payments can be up to .
Await your new card.If your application is approved, your card will be sent through the mail. It should arrive within 7 to 14 days of your application's approval.
- Approval online is fairly quick. You should know within a minute whether or not you've been approved.
Getting a Credit Card In-Store
Find a Best Buy near you.If you want to apply in-store but don't know where the nearest location is, you can find out online. Simply go to the Best Buy website and navigate your cursor to the upper right-hand corner of the web page. Click on the Store Locator tab and enter your ZIP code or city and state to find locations near you.
Fill out an application.The in-store application will ask for the same information as the online application. You'll need to provide your name and address, contact information, and basic financial information for the store to determine whether you will qualify for a credit card.
- The in-store application may take a bit longer, as the store will have to cross-check your paper application with online credit reports and confirm your identity. Otherwise, the two applications will be essentially the same. It's mostly a matter of preference between applying online or in store.
Choose your type of card.As part of the application, you'll be asked to choose which type of card you are interested in. Just as with the online application, both the My Best Buy credit card (store card) and the Best Buy Visa card offer the same in-store rewards.
Receive your new card.If you are approved for a Best Buy credit card, it will be sent through the mail. Just like the online application process, a card offered after an in-store application will most likely arrive within seven to 14 days of the application's approval.
QuestionIf I had a Best Buy credit card and paid it off in full, can I still use the same credit card, or did they close it when the balance was paid in full?Top AnswererThey wouldn't have closed your account without notifying you or unless you asked them to close it.Thanks!
QuestionCan I immediately use my credit card account if I haven't received it in the mail?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLikely not. Generally, you have to activate the credit card after you have received it. You will usually be required to answer security questions to verify your identity.Thanks!
QuestionWould I be approved if I have fair credit?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou might. Some people with fair credit have gotten approved, some have not.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is the minimum credit score needed for underwriters to approve a Best Buy credit card?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt's the luck of the draw. I've seen people get approved with a 550 credit score and my dad did not get approved and he has 700.Thanks!
Do I use combined annual income from husband and wife?
If a family member already has a Best Buy credit card how does he add someone on his card?
Can I apply for a Best Buy credit card if I had one in the past, but closed it on my own?
I am a Canadian cytizen. Also I have a condo in Florida. I would like to have a Best Buy credit card from a store in Florida or in line for the USA. How can I get one?
Where is the application to apply for a Best Buy Credit card?
||Brief explanation on how to apply for the card online|
- If you don't want to apply online, you can visit a Best Buy store to apply for a credit card in person. Fill out a paper version of the Best Buy credit card application with a customer service representative.
- The paper application follows the same format as the online application, but may take longer for approval. Online applications are approved or denied almost instantly.
Video: How To Get A Job At Best Buy - Get Ahead of The Competition
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Hasnt Been Back To His Bakery Since His Mom Died
Alice McCALL Show Review
11 Home Fragrances That Will Make Your House Smell Uh-Mazing
An Experimental Zika Vaccine Has Been Approved for Human Trial by theFDA
All You Need To Know About Aloe Vera For Weight Loss
Your Guide to Yoga After Pregnancy
5 Reasons why bitter gourd is good for your skin
Celebs Are Giving Us a Sneak Peek of 2019’s Swimwear Trends
Dr. Martens x Brutus Trimfit Shirts
Jamie Dornan For Ermenegildo Zegna: SS14 Collection