How happy retirees spend ,770 a year without having millions in the bank
How to Be Happy Without Having a Child
Being childless can be a personal choice or the fate of infertility. While it does not mean you dislike children, it does allow for more time to invest in other things. Regardless of the reason you do not have children, you can be happy, as life without children can be very rewarding and fulfilling.
Finding Fulfillment Without Children
Focus on your career.If you are looking to advance in your job or to learn new working skills, you may be happier without the hindrance of child rearing responsibilities distracting you from your career. You may have more time than some of your parent peers to devote to work, in which case you can take this as an opportunity to immerse yourself fully and enjoy career success.
- Chart a career path by working only the jobs that interest you, trusting your gut about which positions you accept, and developing a professional network.
Travel more.Raising a child is an expensive endeavor. If you do not have children you may have additional disposable income, and if you love traveling, you can take this as an opportunity to do more of that.
- You could consider vacation destinations exclusively for the over-21 crowd if you want a truly child-free experience. You might also set a travel goal and plan a lifetime of travel alone or with your partner. In addition to expanding yourself culturally, you will meet a host of interesting people, and if you love interacting with others, this may just be the perfect way to attain happiness without having a child.
Take a course to learn about investing for retirement.Savings goals are very different for people with no children than they are for people with children.With the cost of raising children being so high, you may have more money than your counterparts with children which you could direct towards the purposes of learning how to invest. Without the stress of paying for your kids' college or leaving an inheritance, you may even be able to retire earlier than individuals with children. In the long run, you can benefit from learning different investment strategies.
- Look up courses about investing for retirement in your community's classifieds or by doing a Google search on the topic.
- You could also join a regular Meetup group in your area about investing for retirement. That way, you can also meet others who are in the same boat and you can learn from each other.
Take advantage of alone time.Make time, even if it's just five minutes, in your day to be by yourself. The benefits are plentiful and range from increased creativity to peace of mind and tranquility. You could:
- Start a project. Being alone can recharge you and increase your creativity. If you have a project - for work, for fun - that you've been putting off or just think would be entertaining to try, now is the time.
- Get more work done. Alone time can clear your mind and help you focus and work harder. Use your alone time to check something off your work “to do” list, without distraction. Checking something off your list will enable you to better enjoy your time off.
- Go on an adventure alone. When you are more insulated, making social connections can actually be easier, because you've put yourself in a situation where you likely want to have more social interactions. If you're typically extroverted, this can be a good way to increase your happiness levels. So take a day trip by yourself, even if is to a local park; use it to recharge and meet new people.
Bonding with Your Partner
Start a new hobby together.You can spend quality time with your partner while learning something new. There are many hobbies that can bring you “start to finish” together time. In fact, child-free couples often report happier partnerships as they prioritize time differently than those with children and can often invest more time into their relationship than their peers with children.
- For example, many couples enjoy gardening together. From going to the garden center to planting seasonal flowers, you can spend quality time with each other. You can enjoy the small talk of things you are learning about as well as enjoying the quiet sounds of the outdoors and the serene feeling the quiet brings.
Attend events near you.Page through the Sunday paper or an online events calendar to see what events are going on around you. There are probably things you have never considered and you may find yourself enjoying a new and unexpected experience with your partner. From music and beverage tours to many different arts festivals, you can usually find something fun to do with your significant other.
Plan a romantic weekend getaway.Whether you prefer the mountains or beach, love a winery or brewery, or enjoy arts or sports, there is a getaway for everyone. From Travelocity to Kayak to Orbitz, there are numerous online room booking sources for hotels and B&Bs. You could even consider renting a place through a service like Airbnb. Online coupons can make such a getaway affordable.
Begin planning for your dream vacation destination.Set goals to achieve the plan, such as how to save up money and when to go. Even if the trip doesn't come to fruition, you'll still have spent quality time with each other.
- Begin with a realistic savings plan. Learn about different saving strategies and find one that fits you. A little bit will add up over time.
- Consider your calendar and timing. Planning well ahead will prevent last minute conflicts. Consider your work schedule and consider how holidays affect your destination.
- Begin to learn a new language. It will add to the excitement. You can speak it to each other to practice.The planning and anticipation can be half the fun.
Enjoy a staycation.You can plan a romantic weekend at home and save money. Unplug! You will be surprised once you get over the initial uncomfortable feeling, how liberating it feels. You and your partner will enjoy being the center of each other’s attention as well as the quiet time. Stay in your pajamas until noon and then prepare brunch together. There are so many ways to relax and be happy at home.
Be intimate with your partner.You may have more free time than people with children and be less stressed. Use the time to be intimate and keep your relationship fresh. A great sex life has proven a key factor in enduring relationships.Childless couples report better sex lives and often greater happiness, so spend time with each other. Even just cuddling can allow you to develop your bond.
Exercise together.There is a clear correlation between fitness and happiness. Child-free couples may have more opportunities to exercise together, so take advantage of your free time to work out with each other.
- Exercise together at a gym, at home or outdoors. You can motivate each other to reach fitness goals. Your relationship will benefit and you will have personal health benefits as well.
- Join a co-ed recreational sports team. Check with your local parks to see what is in season. You will enjoy the experience together and meet other people together.
Spending Time With Others' Children
Dote on other people’s children.Just because you don’t have children doesn’t mean you don’t like them. Enjoy helping and spending time with children of family members and friends. Offer to take your nieces or nephews out to a movie or arcade. You will enjoy yourself and give a much needed break to the parents.
Volunteer with a children’s organization.Studies show the more people volunteer the happier they are. The opportunities are endless:
Host a neighborhood family picnic.Use a handy online sign up sheet to host a potluck picnic. You can provide location and activities while guest bring their favorite dishes. Plan some games and crafts and enjoy participating with the neighborhood kids.
- While your home may be couple centered versus child centered, be sure to maintain individual interests as well.
- Do not feel alone with your childless family. The numbers are greater than you think.
- Others may think you selfish for not having kids. It is not selfish to make a choice best for your own life goals..
- While you may not have child stress, all lives have stress and conflict to deal with.
Video: Can You Be Happy Without Having Sex?
Your Guide to Injections for Knee Osteoarthritis
How to Pick a Good Domain Name for Your Website
Stay Young With Tai Chi
70 Owl Tattoos For Men – Creature Of The Night Designs
How to Act When You Find Gas Leaking in the Kitchen (USA)
Top theories about the JFK assassination
Overnutrition and Undernutrition of Nutrients
Many Heart Bypass Patients Dont Take Needed Meds
How to Figure Out Why Your Child Struggles in School
How to Be a Good Swimmer
How to Cook Chicken in a Slow Cooker
11 Healthy Pasta Recipes
Walk More to Live 7.2 Years Longer