How to test iOS betas early!
How to Become an Apple Product Tester
If you’re a fan of Apple, there is no better way to get involved than to always test new Apple products before they are released to the general public.ALWAYS.Unfortunately, hardware testing, like for iPhones and iPads, is restricted to employees at Apple headquarters, but software testing is open to the general public. You can sign up for Apple’s Beta Software program or Apple Seed project online. Once you get accepted as a product tester, you get to try new programs and features in exchange for valuable feedback.
Participating in the Beta Software Program
Visit the Beta Software program page online.You will need a web browser to access the registration page. The Beta Software program is open to Mac, iPhone, and Apple TV owners. Visit the registration page at .
- The program allows you to test updates to Apple’s operating system (iOS) before it is released to the public.
- This program is open to anyone with an Apple device and ID.
Log into the program page with your Apple account.If you own an Apple device, you most likely have an account already. Click the “Sign up” button on the page, then type in your Apple ID and password.
Enroll your device in the program.After you log in, Apple’s website will ask you for information on Apple devices you own. Apple needs to know some basic information, such as your device’s model number. You only have to tell them about any devices you plan on using for testing.
Back your device up before downloading new software.Beta software is unstable, and sometimes this can lead to some big headaches on your end. You have a few ways of storing your device’s contents in case something goes wrong. The easiest way is to upload your data to iCloud through your device’s settings menu.
- On a Mac, use the preinstalled Time Machine program to back up your data.
- You can also use iTunes to back up most iOS devices.
- If you do not back up your device, you may end up losing important data, such as pictures and phone numbers stored on your device.
Install software updates on your registered device.Check the Beta Software page from time to time for updates. Make sure you are logged into the Apple account you signed up with earlier. Set up any software updates on your device, since these updates are what you will be testing for Apple.
- All you will have to do is click on the download option. Click on any icon that appears after the update finishes downloading.
Send feedback through the Feedback Assistant as you use your device.Once the software update installs, not much will change on your device. You may find some new features to play around with, but mostly you use your device as you normally would. When you find bugs or broken features, use the Feedback Assistant app to send a message to Apple.
- The app is included with any software updates you receive from Apple.
- You can access the Feedback Assistant through other apps. Simply open the app’s help menu and press “Send Feedback.”
Testing Software through Apple Seed
Visit the Apple Seed page online.Visit the Apple Seed page through a web browser to read about the program and sign up for it. This program is different from the Beta Software program because you get exclusive access to new, unreleased software programs and features. Access the program here at .
- For example, if Apple wanted to release a new messenger application, you might test it through this program.
Sign in with your Apple account.Click the blue “Sign In” button to begin applying for the program. On the next page, type in your Apple ID along with your password. If you don’t have an ID yet, you will need to create 1 now.
- Create an ID by going to .
Complete your user profile on the program website.After you log in with your account, you will need to provide some personal information. Apple will request information such as your age, your interests, and a description of the room you work in.
- Apple uses this information to select the applicants most suited to the program they want to test.
Read and sign the confidentiality agreement.All programs tested in the program are meant to be kept secret. To enforce this, Apple makes you sign a confidentiality agreement, which you will see after you finish your profile. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the acknowledge button to finish this part.
- You are not allowed to tell anyone about the programs you test.
Wait for an invitation to test a product.The waiting game begins after you finish your application. Getting an invitation depends on what products Apple has available and how suited you are to testing them. This isn’t guaranteed, so you may need to wait an indefinite amount of time.
- While you wait, you can learn more about testing. The more you know about operating digital devices, the likelier you are to be chosen as a tester.
- Remember to update your Apple Seed profile to keep it current.
Test programs and submit feedback to Apple.Keep your eyes peeled for an email from Apple. This will be your invitation, and it will tell you what you need to do next. Download the program they give you, use it often, and then report back to Apple. They will take your feedback into account as they prepare the software for general release.
- Apple will give you questionnaires and bug reports to complete. They also give you access to a discussion forum online.
- If you want to be chosen for future testing, make sure you give all the feedback Apple wants.
QuestionHow old do I need to be in order to be a tester?Community AnswerUnless Apple wanted a specific age group, you have to be over 18 - 20 to do so.Thanks!
- Hardware testing isn’t available to the public. If you want to test iPhones, for example, you will need to work for Apple in Cupertino, California.
- All product testing is voluntary. Signing up is free, but you also don’t get paid for it.
- Always back up your information before downloading new software. Software in beta testing is unstable and can affect your device.
- Even if you sign up, you may not get an invitation to be a product tester.
Video: How to Get Free Products for Review (2016)
Stress-Proof Your Commute
How to Avoid Losing a Friend to Someone You Hate
How to Get a Motorcycle License
How to Have Fun After Exams
Burn More Calories In Less Time
Creating a world where wealth is transparent
Instagram Insta-Glam: NudeLips
How to Increase Penis Size Using Herbs
Please Enjoy This Exhaustive List Of Men Who Look Like Snacks
How to Tell if Someone with Dementia Is Depressed
16 Wonderful Benefits Of Aloe Vera Juice (Ghritkumari Saar)