PIXMA MG3520: Removing a jammed paper: inside the printer
How to Clear a Paper Jam on an HP Inkjet Printer
Hewlett-Packard (HP) inkjet printers come in several different makes and models. They provide printed black and white or color documents and pictures for home and office use. When a piece of paper gets stuck in the inkjet printer, a jam can occur, and the printer will either push out a crumpled, smudged paper, or it will stop, and you will need to pull out the paper that is stuck. Clear a paper jam on an HP inkjet printer by opening up the printer and removing the obstruction.
Check the paper tray.The paper tray is one of the most likely spots to get a paper jam. If you notice any loose paper in the paper tray, remove it. If any paper got stuck while feeding from the tray into the printer, gently pull it back out of the printer to remove it.
- Press the Resume button on the printer if this is the only spot that paper jammed.
Remove the rear access door of the inkjet printer.This will allow you to look into the printer to see where paper may be jammed. There should be a knob or a clasp that will release the door and allow you to take it off.
- Pull out any paper that is stuck in the rollers in the back of the printer. Make sure all of the paper has been removed, including any scraps of paper or ripped pieces.
- Replace the rear access door onto the printer. If there is no other paper stuck in the printer, press the Resume button.
Lift the front cover of the inkjet printer.Remove any additional paper jams. Pull any paper out very slowly, to minimize the risk of damaging the printer.
Check the print carriage to make sure it is working properly.It must be able to move freely from one side of the printer to the other.
- Unplug the power cord and gently move the carriage from side to side. Do not force it if it is stuck or hung up on something.
- Rotate the rollers inside the printer for 3 full rotations with your fingers if the printer carriage is not moving freely. Roll them in the upwards direction and make sure everything inside the printer can move easily, without getting stuck.
Test the printer to make sure it is printing correctly and will not jam again.
- Reload plain inkjet paper into the paper tray.
- Hold the Resume button down until a test page begins to print.
Call HP support for service if the test page does not print, or if you continue to get paper jams.
QuestionWhat can cause a paper alignment issue?Top AnswererOveruse of the printer can make it cause slip-ups and jam. Poor placement of paper into a printer makes it jam. A lot of factors could go into it, but it's mostly those two.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I put the rear access door back onto the printer?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUse a lot of force with it. Do it quickly, as it might release as you're putting it back in. Make sure to have somebody holding the other door.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if my printer still won't work and says "error" after it jammed and I pulled out a piece of paper?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLook for another piece or part of a piece stuck somewhere. If clear, try turning it off and back on again.Thanks!
My HP office jet 4215 says there is a paper jam. I can copy but not print from the PC. The paper jam has been cleared. What should I do now?
There's no opening on the back of my printer. How do I get the torn paper out?
How do I get the rear access door open?
The paper is wrapped around the roller of my HP Deskjet 2544. How can I clear it?
How can I get to a small piece of paper stuck under the front roller of my printer?
- Read the user's manual or instruction booklet that came with your HP inkjet printer. Follow any directions found in the book on how to avoid paper jams.
- Make sure you pull paper out of the front of the printer only as a last resort. Try clearing the paper jam through the paper tray or the back of the printer before pulling from inside the front cover. Pulling paper too hard from the front will cause mechanical damage to the HP inkjet printer.
Video: Fixing a Paper Jam - HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer | HP DeskJet | HP
Mariah Carey Just Revealed Shes Bipolar: What Is Bipolar II Disorder
How to Make Comfort Food Healthier
Sweet and Refreshing Strawberry Lime Spritzer
6 Surprising Health Problems Associated With Menopause
School Lunches More Nutritious Than Home-Packed Lunches
Total Body Transformation Clean Eating Overhaul Bundle
How to Mountain Bike Downhill
How to Mix Diazinon
Pradas New Psychedelic Video Is a Trip
12 Myths To Ignore About Breast Cancer
3 Ways to Limbo
How to Inspect Your Suspension System