How to Write a Kindle Book in 20 Minutes
How to Create a Kindle Book
Creating a Project
Save your completed book as a Word or PDF document.If your book is mostly text, save it as a .doc or .docx file. If it’s a book of images (such as a comic) or contains charts, complex graphics, links, and other content, save it as a PDF.
Install Kindle Create.Kindle Create is a free tool by Kindle Direct Publishing that helps you turn your manuscript into a Kindle-ready book format.
- Go to the .
- Scroll down and clickDownload Nownext to your operating system (Windows or macOS).
- Save the installer to your computer.
- Double-click the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
Open Kindle Create.If you’re using Windows, open the Start menu, clickAmazon, and selectKindle Create. If you have a Mac, open the Launchpad and clickKindle Create.
ClickNew Project by File.If you don’t see this option, click theFilemenu and selectNew Project.
Select the type of book you’re creating.If you select a text-based book, you’ll also have to choose a language.
Select your book file and click .The app will now convert the document to the Kindle format. When the conversion is complete, a confirmation window will appear.
ClickImport Successful.Fonts, spacing, and other layout features (if applicable) are now optimized to look best on different types of screens.
- If you’re creating a book from a .doc or .docx file, clickGet Startedto open the Automatic Chapter Titles window. Follow the on-screen instructions to select/deselect suggested chapter names, then clickAccept Selected.
Save your project.Now that you’ve converted the file, save it as a Kindle Create project so you can edit and publish it. Click theFilemenu and selectSave Your Project. Give the file a name and save it to your computer.
- To work on the project later, re-open Kindle Create, and clickResume Existing Project.
Add a table of contents.If you created a more complex book from a PDF, you’ll have to build your table of contents (TOC) manually. Here’s how:
- In the ″Contents″ panel, click a page you want to add to the TOC.
- Check the box next to ″Include Page in Table of Contents.″
- Enter a title.
- Repeat these steps for all pages you want to add to the TOC.
Add, remove, or rearrange pages.If you created a book from PDF, you can manage your pages on the ″Contents″ panel.
- Rearrange:Drag a page’s thumbnail to the desired place in the book.
- Adding pages:Right-click a page’s thumbnail, selectInsert Pages, and then follow the on-screen instructions to import the PDF that contains the page(s).
- Deleting pages:Right-click a page’s thumbnail and selectDelete Selected Pages.
Saving and Publishing
Open the project in Kindle Create.If you haven’t already done so, openKindle Create, clickFile, and then clickResume Existing Project.
Preview your book.Once you’re finished making final layout changes, click thePreviewbutton near the top-right corner of the screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to preview different aspects of your book. Make sure to carefully inspect every page before continuing.
Click the menu.It’s at the top of the screen.
ClickPublish.This opens the ″Save for Publication″ window.
Name the file and click .This saves your book in the .kpf format, which is the format you’ll be uploading to Kindle.
- If you make any changes to your book later, you’ll need to publish the file to a new .kpf file.
Sign in to .If you have an Amazon.com account, click Sign in to log in now. If not, click Sign up to create an account now.
Enter your author information.
- Click your name at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select your country.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Complete the tax interview.
ClickBookshelf.It’s at the top of the screen.
Click+ Kindle eBook.It’s under the ″Create a New Title″ header.
Enter your book’s details.Type your book’s title, a subtitle (if applicable), author information, and all other requested details. When you’re finished, you’ll move to the next page.
Upload the Kindle Create file.ClickUpload eBook manuscriptto open your computer’s file browser, select the .kpf file you created in Kindle Create, and then clickOpen. This uploads the file to the server.
Create a book cover.ClickLaunch Cover Creator, and then follow the on-screen instructions to customize the virtual ″cover″ of the book.
Fill out all remaining details and clickSave and Continue.This builds a Kindle book from your file(s) and all entered information. When the book is ready, you’ll come to a pricing screen.
Enter your desired price and royalty plan.The options by location. The options you select here determine how you’ll be paid by Amazon when people buy your book.
ClickPublish Your eBook.All of the information you entered will now be compiled into a single downloadable book. The process is usually complete in a few hours, but you may have to wait up to a day to find it on Amazon.com.
Video: How to Use Kindle Create
12 Myths To Ignore About Breast Cancer
How to Toast a Girl
Stay Healthy Slow Cooker Brown Rice and Chicken
How to Store Fresh Mushrooms
30 Cozy Sweater Outfit Ideas for Fall Winter
Así olemos los españoles, según Amazon
How to Call or Text a Girl
21 Immune-Boosting Superfoods
Met Gala 2019: The Best Dressed Celebrities
How Model Madeline Stuart Is Changing The Fashion World, One Campaign At A Time
How to Scream As Loud As You Can (if in Danger)
How to Deal with Reed Bugs
Date: 05.12.2018, 23:11 / Views: 42372