How to Fast-Pitch in Softball
How to Fastpitch in Softball
Understanding the game
Make sure you fully understand the game.Before you play a position, learn all that you can about it so that you know how to best play it. Talk to the coach, to fellow team players, to people who know softball. You can also look at online softball websites and borrow books on the topic. There is no need to be in the dark about the game, its techniques and the tricks for the position you're playing.
Being properly prepared
Get the appropriate equipment and clothing.Wear appropriate softball clothing; if your club has a uniform, get this organized ahead of time, either new or used. Be sure that it fits comfortable before purchasing.
- Don't forget the appropriate shoes, again sized for comfort.
Buy a comfortable glove.
If not provided, you'll also need a good size softball.
Practicing your fast-pitch technique
Stretch before practicing.And start out by throwing overhand first; this helps you to loosen up a little.
Start off with a comfortable foot position on the rubber.Every league makes you start off with at least one part of your foot on the rubber. If you're right-handed, put your right foot on the rubber at a favorable angle and put your left foot on a small backward angle.
Put your arms slightly back and lean slightly forward.It's similar in position to when you're about to run a race but you're not totally bending down.
Swing your arms forward.Then bring them together at about the neck-line. The form should make a circle. Then push your arms out in the same circular motion until your arms make a K-position with your body.
Snap your arms down at the same time.At the same time, snap your pitching wrist and fold it up like it's trying to slap you.
If your body is on one even line towards your catcher and you released at the right moment, you should have a pretty good pitch!
Building up speed
Practice snapping your wrist.Do this without the ball. Snap it hard.
Once you have a good snap get your arm speed up.
The faster you pitch, the harder it'll be for them to be to hit.
Work on being consistent.This means aiming to hit every pitch in the same spot.
Once you can throw a good strike, work on inside, outside, high, low.Then aim to pitch at different speeds. This will make you thebestpitcher on your team.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Don't forget to twist those hips. A lot of speed comes from the hips.
- One of the most important things you can do is make sure you follow through with your pitching hand. It will help your pitch stay on track.
- The release is the most important part of fast-pitching, so try to have a strong one!
- Don't get aggravated! Remember- you're human, and people make mistakes. It'll happen, and you have to be pretty darn good if you go a whole game without making a single mistake in pitching. So just go out there, have fun, and accept any mistakes. Just fix them right away!
- Find a pitching clinic that goes on for about 9 weeks and takes place at least once a week.
- Once you can play the game with at least some skill, find a pitching clinic. The practice and advice you'll receive will be invaluable.
- Keep your elbows as naturally low and in towards your body as possible.
- You can count 1, 2, 3 to help... 1 is the top of the circle, 2 is the K-position, and 3 is the snap. It helps your timing!
Video: Basic 5 steps for a beginner pitcher
Healing foods one must eat after quitting smoking
How to Survive a Barbecue When Youre a Vegetarian
StyleCaster Daily Mirror Roundup – The Most Stylish Members ThisWeek
Dex4 Sour Apple Reviews
People Are Comparing Taylor Swifts New Video to Beyoncés Formation
Take a Tour of Neil Patrick Harriss New Townhouse
Grilled Steak with Stone-Fruit Tapenade
Kenzo FallWinter 2014-2015 Collection – Paris Fashion Week
27 Dead, 18 Children, in Conn. School Shooting
Brussels Sprouts With Walnuts
How to Become a Foster Parent in Texas
Griddled Sirloin Steak with Garlic and Parsley Mushrooms Recipe
Date: 10.12.2018, 19:41 / Views: 82361