Making Foam ARROWS for Archery TAG
How to Make Larp Arrows
Buy standard arrows, that only have a small metal tip, from your local sporting good store, or a store with a sporting good section.Large box stores are a good choice, such as Walmart or Kmart.
Remove the metal tip.A pair of vice grips work well, however, you can also cut right below the metal tip with a hacksaw.
Reduce cracking and widen the tip.The shaft of the arrow might have cracked while removing the tip. To fix this problem wrap duct tape around the tip of the arrow building up the width of the tip (half an inch down) to the diameter of a penny.
Solidify the Tip.Take a penny and set it at the top of the "platform" of tape on the tip. Make a cross with duct tape and secure the penny to the tip of the arrow. This step prevents the arrow from being able to penetrate through the tip of your padding.
Take a closed cell foam (such as camping mat found at Walmart or Kmart) and wrap it around the tip of the arrow.Make sure the foam is above the penny! Make sure the foam makes the arrow around 1.5 to 2" in diameter.
Tape the foam to the arrow.
Cover the top of the arrow with a circle of the closed cell foam and secure it with carpet tape and duct tape or just the duct tape.
Attach an "open cell" foam to the top of the arrow now.Do Not Squish the Open Cell Foam!
Wrap a strip of closed cell foam around the connection point between the open cell and the closed cell.Make sure about an inch or two of the open cell sticks above the closed cell. (Attach with Duct Tape)
Cover with cloth or cloth tape (Do not cover with Duct Tape as this can cut the skin.Also, it causes the foam to strike harder rather than compress fully. Attach the cloth cover (if you choose cloth) with duct tape or cloth tape at the bottom of the arrowhead.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Test the arrow by striking it with the palm of your hand lightly. If you feel the "core" or the shaft of the arrow DO NOT FIRE IT!
- Make sure you cannot feel any hard surface through the foam of the arrow!
- Make sure the arrowhead does not wobble or twist on the arrow shaft.
- The arrowhead should be around 2.5 to 3 inches (6.4 to 7.6 cm) in diameter.
- The safest way to make arrows it to make them more than 2.5" in diameter on the tip, as that diameter cannot go into an eye socket
- If these are not made correctly, they can be deadly when struck with.
- To fully test the arrow shoot it at the back of a friend while the friends is covering their neck and kidney area.
- Always test them on yourself, before you use them with/on anybody else.
Video: TWOA How To - Make the best LARP arrow (New: Version 2 )
How to Care for Succulents
The Guide To Spring Tailoring
More on Black Friday 2019
Hair Obsession: Ciara’s Double Crown Braid
The 8 Best Whey Protein for Men to Buy in 2019
The Best Makeup Brands for Dark Skin Tones
A Halloween confession in a life with chronic pain
Slow Down, Lose Weight
My Best Style Secret Is Found at the Mall
Escape From It All At This Soothing Retreat In Sweden
Date: 30.11.2018, 22:36 / Views: 65462