Sweet & Sour Turkey | Ways to cook Turkey | Food
How to Make Sweet and Sour Turkey Casserole
2 large skinless turkey 1/2 breasts (you could substitute 4 split chicken-breasts)
2 medium sized jars of sweet and sour sauce, total about 16 oz. (1/2 liter)
2 large yellow onions medium diced (peeled and chopped)
4 large sweet potatoes (peeled, medium sliced) --drop slices immediately in cold water to prevent their turning black while exposed to air(option: buy them canned)
1 can of cooked butter beans (drained)
1 can of cooked kidney beans (drained)
1 can of pineapple chunks -- retain the juice
Season with cinnamon, ginger/"apple pie" spices as desired (caution: there is already salt in most canned foods)
Preheat oven to 200C (350F).
Prepare vegetables.Then wipe the chopping board down, turn over board, and slice the meat
- Caution:Wash the board thoroughly before cutting vegetables, if meat is prepared first to avoid salmonella, etc.
Spray a little dry, fry spray in medium heated frying pan.
Add strips of turkey breast meat.Turn occasionally so the meat is quickly seared and browned on both sides to seal in juices -- and turn down heat and cook until no pink is showing outside.
- You can use a toothpick to pierce each breast piece, if sliced very thick, and pull the toothpick out to see whether it comes out clean. If so it is done.
Add the pineapple chunks with juice to the turkey when it's done, in the frying pan.Add the diced onions to the frying pan and turn down heat.
Parboil the peeled and sliced sweet potatoes separately in a medium pot for 15-20 minutes.Then drain the cooking water. Or, alternatively, don't use raw sweet potatoes, as a tremendous time saver:
- Use canned sweet potatoes/yams.Buy one or two large can(s) of sweet potatoes for ease, saving about over 1/2 an hour preparing and cooking them.
Stir in all remaining ingredients:Kidney beans, butter beans, sweet potatoes to the other ingredients in the frying pan.
Transfer it all to a casserole dish.Add the jars of sweet and sour cooking sauce and stir everything in casserole dish until evenly coated with cooking sauce. Then put casserole lid on and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- To prevent the casserole from getting too dry while baking, you may need to add a little boiling hot water and stir occasionally.
Allow salting the food at the dinner table to the tastes of each person.
Serve with steamed rice, or crusty sliced bread.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Generic canned goods and chicken breast will help you budget cleverly, so you can get even better value for your money.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecan, walnut halves (or pieces) -- and/or coconut -- for a touch of "luxury", as a little treat.
Video: Sweet and Sour Turkey Meatballs
Managing Bone Pain From Myeloma
Tre cose che puoi fare subito per prevenire il tumore al seno
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for DG and Karen Millen
Seniors Poor Sleep Tied to Arteriolosclerosis
How to Differentiate Between 100 Natural Henna Black Henna
The Hilarious Reason Why SJP Got Reprimanded By Anna Wintour
8 Vegetarian Meals That Actually Fill You Up
Winter Formal Hairstyles
Monroe Piercings - Guide to Monroe Piercings
How to Prevent a Blood Blister
Lauren Conrads Ultimate Valentines Day Outfit Guide
Date: 01.12.2018, 10:17 / Views: 83361