10 Tips to Make Your Man Happy
How to Make Your Husband Happy
Keeping the Flame Alive
Be romantic.Romance can easily become a back-burner priority after years of marriage. Make sure to save time for romantic activities, like candle-lit dinners, beach walks at sunset, and cuddling up to watch a movie.
Spice up your sex life.One of the main aspects of marriage where the excitement can quickly fade is the sexual aspect. You'll both have to work hard to keep your sex life interesting, but thankfully there are several things that you can do.
- Don't get stuck in a boring routine. If you and your hubby are used to having sex without any foreplay or wooing beforehand, sex can become just another activity that happens when you get in bed. Take the time to woo each other at spontaneous times throughout the day to avoid feeling like you have simply scheduled time for being intimate. Scheduled sex is not sexy.
- Listen to your hubby's wants and needs. Know what your hubby's preferences are and what he wants to try in the bedroom. His desires may change over time. Just ask him what he likes and wants. This question in itself can be a turn on!
- Try the "Forty Beads Method." This method was developed by a wife who saw the need to change things up in her relationship with her husband. The method rests on the premise that each spouse has a bowl in which the other spouse drops a bead when they want to be intimate, and the other spouse has a certain amount of time to act on the request.
Set a date night.Between you and your hubby's busy schedules, it can be very hard to find time to spend with each other. Make a commitment to go on a date or make a home-cooked meal together at least once a week. Here are some date night ideas:
- Go to dinner and a movie. This classic never gets old if you switch up the restaurant and the movie genre each week.
- Make dinner together. Try making a dish that requires more effort than one you would make on a random weeknight. Make pizza from scratch to have fun while cooking.
- Go on a picnic in the spring and summer. A romantic picnic in a meadow or on a beach is a great way to get outdoors and spend some time together.
- Go ice skating in winter. Hold hands with your hubby and glide on the ice.
- Do something adventurous, like an extreme sport. You could go rock climbing, snowboarding, surfing, etc.
Send flirty text messages throughout the day.Sometimes nothing is better than a spontaneous text or voice message from your lover. Call just to say "I love you" or send your hubby a flirty message that contains something for him to look forward to.
- Send sexy snap chats to your hubby to remind him what's waiting for him after work. Make sure to warn him that you sent a sexy snap in advance, so that he doesn't open it in front of his friends, or worse, his colleagues.
- Put a video or website link on his FaceBook page to something that has a special meaning to your relationship. This could be the music video to a love song, or a clip of your favorite comedy show, etc.
Get some new sexy outfits.If you're constantly wallowing around the house in sweatpants, it might be time to take a trip to the mall for some new clothes. There's nothing wrong with being comfortable in front of your hubby, but be sure to always take care of yourself as well.
- Spice up a plain outfit with a sexy blouse or dress.
- Put on a pair of stilettos to elongate your legs. Every man loves long, sexy legs. A pair of heels are a quick and easy way to make any outfit look sexier.
- Get some new lingerie. Lingerie is a sexy way to spice up your bedroom life and make your hubby see you in a new light.
Have an attractive and confident attitude.Being attractive isn't all about looking sexy, it's about exuding a confident and compassionate attitude as well. Be sure to retain a kind disposition toward your husband and be considerate of his feelings always.
- Exude happiness. As humans, we're all going to have good days and bad days. While you shouldn't try to mask your feelings if you are feeling sad or depressed, you should try to be a pleasant person to be around whenever possible.
- Smile. Visual signals are just as important as words. Avoid walking around with a scowl on your face all day and try to smile as much as possible.
Exercise.This might sound like a plea to get you to work out for the sake of a sexy body, but exercise can provide you with so much more than a slim frame and ripped abs. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins, neurotransmitters that reduce stress and induce happiness.
- Maintaining a steady exercise routine has also been shown to increase sexual desire as a result of the positive effects working out has on your body and mind.
- Try stress-reducing exercises like yoga, or energy-inducing exercises like running.
- Don't overlook the positive effect that simply feeling sexy can have one your love life. When you feel desirable, your confidence and sexuality shine through.
Go to concerts together.Get tickets to go see one of his favorite bands live. Concerts are extremely memorable experiences that create unique feelings each time.
Stay up all night for a movie marathon.Does he have a favorite movie producer? Compile all of your hubby's favorite movies, heat up some popcorn, and waste away the night watching them all. While you might fall asleep in the process, staying up for a movie marathon can be fun and give you and your hubby some quality cuddle time at home.
Go camping.A rustic outing can be extremely romantic - especially when it's a night spent under the stars together. Take the bare essentials and head to the woods to spend some time alone on a mini vacation that won't break the bank.
Leave love notes around the house.Scatter little love notes around the house where your hubby will see them. But don't stop there, put cute notes in his clothes pockets or stick an "I love you" on his car steering wheel. Little gestures like these will make him smile throughout the day and can really go a long way.
Giving the Occasional Gift
Frame a picture of the two of you.A picture is truly worth a thousand words, and framing a picture of you and your husband is a great way to show him how much you care. Alternately, you can make a collage of your last vacation together or simply of your favorite moments throughout the years to remind him of all the good times you have had together.
Make him a homemade gift.Coupon books are a great (and inexpensive!) way to show someone that you love them. Get creative and give your hubby coupons for romantic activities that can be redeemed at any time. Some ideas include:
- Intimate activities.
- His favorite home-cooked meal.
- Control of the television.
- A trip to his favorite restaurant.
- Passes to get out of doing chores.
Make his favorite dinner or dessert.Food can truly nourish the soul, and putting a lot of effort into a home-cooked meal can really show someone how much you love them. Take the time to make your hubby's favorite dish or dessert every once in a while. Make it a surprise to add an extra element of romance.
Compile a playlist or mix CD.Take the time to make a playlist of your hubby's favorite songs or find new songs that you think he will like. You can also make a playlist of love songs that you have listened to at one time or another during your relationship.
- Give it to your hubby in cute wrapping paper with a little note explaining the significance of the playlist to you.
- Alternately, stick it in his car CD player and set it so that it will play the next time he turns on his car. This sneaky addition will have your hubby smiling and soon as he buckles his seat belt.
Give him something from nature.Collect something from a place in nature that is special to you. This can be a rock in the shape of a heart, a shell from the beach, or even a tree branch from your favorite hike. Let your hubby know that this token from nature reminds you of him.
Making Your House a Home
Greet him warmly.If you're at home when your man gets home, greet him with a smooch and a smile. Doing so immediately sets a positive tone for your subsequent interaction and reinforces the home as a comfortable, happy place.
Make DIY home improvements together.Take a weekend to work on a home project together. Building or painting something collectively to improve your home can be a rewarding experience. When you produce something together for each other, the results are extremely gratifying.
Invite his family over for dinner.When you've made your house into a comfortable place that represents your relationship, invite your hubby's family over for brunch or dinner. Your husband will appreciate your effort in reaching out to his family and trying to make them feel comfortable, welcome, and loved.
Avoid becoming just roommates.It's easy to get so comfortable with each other that you almost feel like roommates in your own home. Make sure you continue to be affectionate in your home by cuddling, touching, and kissing throughout the day. Don't let all of your inhibitions fly out the door once you are living with each other. It's still extremely rude and inconsiderate to let your bodily functions fly, not to mention it's a huge turn off.
Maintaining Your Individuality
Make time for yourself.The rather comical old saying, "A happy wife means a happy life," actually holds a lot of weight in a marriage situation.
- In order for your husband to be happy with you, you first have to be secure and happy in your own skin. Being happy stems from different behaviors, feelings, and experiences for each individual person, just make sure you are leaving time to take care of yourself in addition to your husband.
Reserve time to hang out with friends individually.It is important that both you and your husband take the time to nurture the relationships you have with other people in your life as well. Friends are an important part of any person's life and spending time alone with friends helps build balance in your life.
- Make one night a week dedicated to hanging out separately with friends. By choosing the same night, neither spouse will feel neglected as the other hangs out with friends.
- Don't talk about your spouse the entire time you hang out with your friends. Allow this time to be a sort of break from your busy, married life and re-engage with your friends and what is going on in their lives.
Be honest with each other.Communication is key in any relationship. Be sure to tell each other how you are feeling, even if it is uncomfortable to do so. If you feel like you've been making a strong effort to make your husband happy and he isn't returning the love, tell him so! Often all you need to do to make an important change is communicate what is lacking.
QuestionHow do I make sure my husband never stops loving me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionMy husband is argumentative sometimes. What can I do to diffuse our fights?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSay, "I love you, and I refuse to argue with you," then go to your happy place and don't respond to negativity.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make my husband happy if he thinks I'm controlling?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerStop controlling him! Men need respect like they need air to breathe. He needs you to be his wife, not his mother.Thanks!
QuestionMy problem is I don't know how to talk sweet words to my husband. He say he never hears sweet words from me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDifferent people have different ideas of 'sweet', but for example, you can tell him you love him regularly, compliment him, and refer to him by pet names or terms of endearment (honey, sweetie, darling, etc.). Be sure to speak in a gentle, affectionate voice, and smile, as that can affect how your words come off. If he is still dissatisfied, he's probably the one with the problem. You can always ask him what he would like to hear, too.Thanks!
QuestionShould I compliment the way my husband dresses?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, absolutely! Or, you could compliment on anything you like about his appearance from time to time. Guys like to hear that, too!Thanks!
QuestionHow can I help my husband conquer his vices?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou should always support him. Never criticise him. Make him understand the bad sides of the vices and the great impact of virtues.Thanks!
QuestionMy husband likes to be playful in a rough way and I'm often sick, so he hurts me. He says he is tired of hearing me complain and he can't even play around with me or be spontaneous. How can I fix this?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTell him you are happy to be playful and spontaneous, just without the roughness. If he's hurting you, he should care more about your pain than about how 'tired' he is of your rightful complaining. Show him him how to play with you without hurting you.Thanks!
QuestionOur argument turned into a fight, and now he's not talking to me. What should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMen are good at being silent, and if you keep asking him why or trying to talk to him, things might get worse. Give him a little time and space for now, and try to talk it through calmly later on.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do to maintain a healthy marriage?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBe honest and open-minded. Respect differences and give privacy to your partner.Thanks!
QuestionMy husband and I are short tempered; how do we handle our relationship?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA couples counselor will help you with strategies to communicate with one another and relate to one another.Thanks!
How do I deal with my husband supporting friends more then me as a spouse?
What make husband cheat on their wives?
My husband fixates on blues/videos created by other women sent to his phone/fb pges. He sneaks out to talk to other women late hours at nights and sometimes back his fist in bed/bathrm tell what to do?
What do I do if my husband caught me talking to an ex and won't talk to me?
Why is my husband not involving me in the things he does, like how he spends his money?
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
Sources and Citations
Add a photo
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it?
In other languages:
Español: , Português: , Italiano: , Deutsch: , Français: , 中文: , Русский: , Nederlands: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Čeština: , العربية: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,188,608 times.
Video: DO THIS and make your husband CRAZY; Of LOVE! Will thank you
Ashlee Simpson Plastic Surgery – Are All The Rumors True
How to Buy Antiques As Wedding Gifts
Do Credit Card Balance Transfers Help With Debt
How Jewelry Designer Carolina Bucci Styles Her Watch 3 Ways
Thick-Crust Pizza Dough
ICB by Prabal Gurung FallWinter 2013-2014 RTW – New York Fashion Week
Teaching Your Child to Eat Healthy
How to Shoot a Fadeaway
This little-known Monopoly rule completely changes how you play
How to Turn Failure into Success
Verdict: Cookie Crisp takes the crown
How to Cook Breakfast Sausage
Prince Harry Will Host His Very Own Garden Party At The Palace
Date: 30.11.2018, 22:42 / Views: 73384