Turkey tourist visa on Done Basis
How to Obtain a Turkish Visa
The Turkish government requires the majority of foreigners to get a visa before they are eligible for an extended stay in Turkey. The quickest and easiest way to receive a Turkish visa is to go to the official e-Visa application website at . After you fill out your general travel and personal details and pay a fee, you’ll receive a link to download your e-Visa, if your application is approved. However, if you are from a country not eligible for e-filing or if you need a visa for work or student purposes, then you’ll need to contact the Turkish embassy or consulate for guidance.
Following General Application Procedures
Check with your government to see if you’re eligible for a Turkish e-Visa.Not every country’s residents have the ability to e-file for a visa. And, some country’s residents are not permitted to travel to Turkey at all. Check with your government prior to applying for a visa to see what, if any, regulations apply.
- Your eligibility is also limited by the type of visa that you need. For a student study or work visa, you’ll need to visit a Turkish Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin.
- For example, U.S. residents are not currently able to get e-Visas. However, they can work directly with a Turkish embassy or consulate to apply for a visa. You can learn more about travel to Turkey at the U.S. State Department’s travel website .
Contact your nearest Turkish consular office for a work or student visa.Go to the website and fill out a pre-application. This will then allow you to set up an appointment with a branch near you. The pre-application will ask for your nationality, type of travel document, passport number, type of visa desired, and the purpose of the trip.
Start the application process well before your departure.If you are from a country eligible for an e-Visa, it’s still a good idea to give yourself at least 2 days to complete the process. Don’t wait until you are at the airport to apply for the visa. Instead, go online a few days beforehand, just in case there are any glitches.
- If you have to contact a Turkish embassy or consulate for your visa, it’s a good idea to start this process about a year before your intended travel dates.
Starting Your e-Visa Application
Go to the Turkish e-Visa website at .This is the official electronic visa processing site for the Turkish government. The site is secure and you can complete your visa application in a matter of minutes. You can only get an e-Visa if you are visiting Turkey for tourism or commercial purposes.
Enter in your country of origin and type of travel document.Pull down the first drop box menu until you find your official country of residence (and the one that issued your travel documents). In the second box, select the type of travel document that you will be using for identification purposes, such as an ordinary passport. Press “Submit” to move to the next page.
- Other possible travel document options include an identity card, diplomatic passport, or service passport.
- The final box on this page will ask you to type in a series of security verification letters, which will be visible right below the typing area.
Enter in your arrival date.Use the drop-down calendar provided to select the day, month, and year of your planned arrival in Turkey. The validity of your e-Visa will start on the day of your arrival and usually extends for 180 days. However, this does not mean that you can stay in Turkey for 180 days. Once you enter your arrival date the website will identify the number of days that you are allowed to stay in the country.
- For example, while your e-Visa may be valid for 180 days, you may only be able to stay in the country for 90 days. If you decide to extend your visit, you will need to apply for a residency permit.
Fill out your personal information.The next page will ask that you provide your full name, date of birth, place of birth, mother’s name, father’s name, passport number, passport issue date, passport expiration date, email address, phone number, and mailing address. Only enter in information that matches that found on your official identification documents.
- If the information provided does not mirror that found on your ID documents, then your e-Visa request will be denied.
Submit a family application by selecting the ‘Add a New Person’ button.It’s possible to create a single application for up to 10 people total. After you select the ‘Add’ button, you will need to enter in the personal information for each additional traveler. Repeat this process until everyone has been entered. Then, select the ‘Continue’ button to submit the application package.
- With a family application, you will receive an email with confirmation and payment information. Then, you’ll have to log back in and submit your payment. After your payment is processed, if your application is approved, you’ll get a link to download the e-Visas.
- To submit a family application, every person must have the same type of travel documents originating from the same country. The arrival date must also be the exact same.
Finalizing Your e-Visa Application
Pay the required application fee with a credit card.This is the final step before submitting your application for processing. Most major credit cards are accepted for payment. The payment amount varies according to your country of origin, but is generally around 60 USD.
- The website will give you an indication of the fee that you’ll need to pay after you enter in your arrival date. However, you cannot pay on that particular page.
- If your application is not approved, your card will not be charged.
Open the link to download your official Turkish e-Visa.Once you’ve submitted your payment, you will automatically be taken to a new webpage. This page will usually show whether or not your e-Visa request has been accepted or denied. If it has been accepted, you’ll be provided with a link to download a copy of your e-Visa.
- This link and other acceptance information will also be sent to the email address that you provided.
- It’s also a good idea to print out a hard copy of your visa, just in case you can’t access the electronic version.
- If your request is denied, you can reach out to a Turkish embassy or consulate for assistance.
Check on your status if your request required additional processing.Go to . Then, enter in your application reference number or email address and passport number. This will pull up your application status and you can see the most recent activity on your account.
- Your application reference number can be found in the email that you received right after submitting your application.
- A delayed application acceptance can sometimes be the result of discrepancies in your travel documents or just additional security checks that need to be completed.
Video: How To Apply For The Turkish E-Visa
Lili Sumner Featured in Chiara Ferragni’s Spring 2019 Campaign
How to Photograph Animals
Serious Cheerleading Injuries On the Rise Due to Dangerous Stunts
According to Redditors, These 7 Tricks Will Make Your Foundation Last All Day
How to Be Your Own Best Medicine
Facebook Is Testing a New Feature Youll Actually Like
Woman stabbed friend with knife at haunted house thinking it was fake
5 Honeymoon-Tested Sunscreens
Emma Hill Debuts Her New Brand, Hill Friends, At LFW
Health Benefits of Drinking White Tea: Look and Feel Young and Beautiful
How to Download Subtitles from Subscene
My Son Will Die Without Treatment: So Why Is It Being Denied
Cute Dwarf Couples -18 World Smallest Couples To Know
VLCC Pedicure Manicure Kit Review
7 Outfit Ideas to Try From Instagram This Week