Asian Meatballs 3 Ways!
Lean Meatballs with Teriyaki Sauce
Yields: 24 meatballs or 6 servings | Serving Size: 4 meatballs or 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 267 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 74 mg | Sodium: 322 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 20 g | SmartPoints: 8 |
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lite soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 slices wheat bread, sides sliced away
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, prepare the teriyaki sauce by putting together the soy sauce, honey, and mirin. Mix well until the honey has completely melted. Set aside. In a second bowl, another small one, soak the bread in milk. When the bread has absorbed the milk, lightly squeeze out the milk and drain.
- In a third bowl, a larger one, mix the beef, egg, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, sesame oil, onions, and the soaked bread. Mix with the hands until the mixture becomes compact.
- Make little balls with the meat. In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, in a saucepan with the olive oil (leave a tablespoon for later use), brown the meatballs. Over medium heat, in another saucepan with the remaining olive oil, transfer the meatballs. Add the teriyaki sauce and cook for about 3 minutes.
Video: Turkey Teriyaki Meatballs
How to Keep Beards Soft
How to ace an interview
Healthy Filipino Steak Bowl Recipe
How the Bad Sex Ed You Got in High School Is Still Hurting You
How New Generation Drugs Are Targeting Depression
3 Ways to Look Clean
Racing The Dream: Ferrari Cavalcade 2015 Rome
How to Improve Your Attitude
10 Ways To Turn Around Your Mild Depression Before It Gets Worse
How to Buy a New Computer