Guiltless Mashed Potatoes with Leeks Recipe
Leek and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Dec 6, 2006
Mary Ellen Bartley
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 35
Cook Time: 0 hours 30
Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 c. margarine or butter
1 3/4 c. whole milk
container sour cream
1/4 c. chives
- In 6-quart saucepot, place potatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and enough water to cover potatoes. Set aside.
- Cut off root and dark-green tops from leeks. Discard tough outer leaves. Cut leeks into 1/4-inch-wide slices. Rinse leeks in large bowl of cold water, swishing to remove sand; transfer to colander, leaving sand in bowl. Repeat several times. Drain.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Add leeks and cook 20 minutes or until golden and very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir often during last 5 minutes to avoid overbrowning.
- Meanwhile, heat saucepot of potatoes to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain.
- In saucepot, with potato masher, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in milk, sour cream, chives, leek mixture, and remaining salt. Reheat.
Video: Mashed Potatoes
15 Flavorful and Healthy Family Meals That are Perfect for Picky Eaters
How to Moon Someone
Gestational Diabetes and Your Babys Health
How to Block a Number on Blackberry
Your Immune System Sees Junk Food As A Virus
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner
Race May Play Role in Obese Teens Blood Pressure
News Flash: Juicing and Alcohol Have the Same Effect on Your Body
Brain Scan Hints at Best Treatment for Depression
How to Apply Eye Shadow
Date: 05.12.2018, 11:45 / Views: 44474